Insightful News


We are an addiction for those who love reading.


Insightful News

What’s Next For Tim Allen After ‘Last Man Standing’ Cancellation?


Now that “Last Man Standing” has been canceled by ABC and isn’t coming back to the network in the Fall, the show’s star, Tim Allen, could find himself presented with interesting career prospects for his future.

Allen, 63, has officially responded to the news that ABC canceled his show, a comedy with a somewhat more conservative bent, on Twitter, revealing that he felt “blindsided” by the news that the network wasn’t bringing the show back, despite decent ratings.

What could Tim Allen do next now that “Last Man Standing” has been canceled? Allen is pictured at the show’s 100th episode celebration on Jan. 16, 2016 in Studio City, California. Photo: Getty Images

“Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years,” he wrote.

ABC announced last week that they were not going to pick up the series for a seventh season, but didn’t reveal a reason, which led to speculation amongst angry fans that the show was canceled because it had a more conservative message, and Allen has previously admitted to being a conservative in Hollywood. However, since then, ABC Entertainment Group President Channing Dungey has revealed the reasoning for the decision, which included a decision ABC has made to change their Friday programming block by axing comedies on that night.

Read: Freeform Cancels “Baby Daddy” For A Shocking Reason

“A large part of these jobs are managing failure and we’ve made the tough calls and canceled shows that we’d otherwise love to stay on the air,” Dungey said. “That’s the job. I canceled ‘Last Man Standing’ for the same business and scheduling reasons that I canceled ‘Dr. Ken,’ ‘The Real O’Neals,’ ‘The Catch’ and ‘American Crime.’ And ‘Last Man Standing’ was a challenging one for me because it was a steady performer in the ratings, but once we made the decision not to continue with comedies on Fridays, that was where we landed.”

In addition, it was reported that Dungey also said the cancellation came because the show was produced by 20th Century Fox, and since ABC makes less money off shows that aren’t produced by ABC Studios, it was becoming too expensive to leave it on the air. According to Entertainment Weekly, networks have also been heavily favoring in-house productions this year.

“Last Man Standing” starred Allen in a role of a politically conservative and devout Christian man who adhered to traditional American values. The show was also a blue-collar comedy, which followed the story of Mike Baxter, a director of marketing for an outdoor sporting goods store chain that was based in Denver. It also starred Nancy Travis as Vanessa Baxter, Alexandra Krosney (season one) and Amanda Fuller as eldest daughter Kristin Baxter, Molly Ephraim as middle daughter Mandy Baxter and Kaitlyn Dever as youngest daughter Eve Baxter.

Read: Jamie Lee Curtis Reveals Identity Of The Red Devil Killer After “Scream Queens” Cancellation

So far, there have been no announcements regarding other networks, cable channels or streaming services considering stepping in and reviving the show themselves and taking over the rights to it. As for Allen’s career, the show’s cancellation does free him up for other projects.

According to his IMDb page, Allen doesn’t have any other shows that he is working on. However, he is currently filming both “El Camino Christmas,” and “Toy Story 4,” where he voices the character of Buzz Lightyear.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *